Friday, February 12, 2010

I have been home with my sons for 4 days in a row thanks to being pummeled by a winter snowstorm. I love my kids as much as the next gal, really, but this is bordering on real pain. My sons are 15 and 11. Their idea of a morning greeting is by farting in my direction. They spend hours upon hours in the same pajama pants playing Call of Duty with invisible people. This is not conducive to "real and quality" family time. It is time for them to go back to school.
I wanted to mention that I am a vegetarian and that I hate mice. Alone these two statements probably don't sound like they have anything to do with one another. Not so ! At least not in the irony of chronic illnesses! See, there are these really neat super fancy drugs called monoclonal antibodies. They are sort of like designer drugs. The drug that my rheumatologist thinks might help me is made from mice protein(really, I can't make this up) and somehow it attacks my unhealthy cells (I don't really understand it) and well, whatever, is supposed to work better than the last 5 or so drugs I have been on. Normally the rights of animals are a big concern to me but, I think it is a sign from someone or something that I don't care at all about the rights of mice! First off, mice are sneaky. I can remember a certainly vivid prednisone induced psychosis when I was up sewing or talking to myself at 3 in the morning. If you have ever been on a high dose of steroids you know of which I speak. Anyway, there were mice rooting through the pantry, I could hear them just feet away from me. I would go look and they would be gone. I love dogs, cats, turtles, birds are ok but I don't want any for pets, but I hate, hate mice! If the pharmaceutical gods see fit I think I should be put on the mouse protein drug. It sure would be better than chemo and steroids,or maybe not. I would certainly like to get the chance to try it.
I wanted to let anyone know that could be reading this that I do not give advice. I think it has something to do with being diagnosed at 18 and not a very mature 18 year old at all.
Actually, I am not a particularly mature 40 year old, but that being said, I hate advice and try never to give or get it. So, if that is what you might be looking for in my blog, It ain't gonna happen! I will probably bitch about my symptoms, the crisis of America's Healthcare and other things but no advice.
I am saying all this on the illusion that someone might be actually reading this. Oh well, at least I can entertain myself with my ranting !

1 comment:

  1. Mice ARE sneaky! Imagine what Chinese mice are like! They must be ultra-devious. I think that you take advice rather well or at least you pretend to listen rather well.

    ReplyDelete